The Taxpayers' Alliance found that across the UK in 2017-18:
- There were at least 2,441 council employees who received total remuneration in excess of £100,000. That's 135 more than in 2016-17.
- 607 council employees earned over £150,000.
- A total of 28 local authority employees received remuneration in excess of a quarter of a million pounds in 2017-18.
- In Wales the TPA found there were 120 local authority employees earning over £100,000 a year and 25 earning in excess of £150,000 a year (According to BBC Wales the average annual salary in Wales in 2017 £25,900).
- TPA research shows there were 17 employees of Cardiff City Council receiving six figure remunerations.
The TPA's research is a useful guide for Cardiff residents seeking to judge whether their Council delivers value for money when they next trip over broken paving slabs, potholes wreck their suspension or when they discover the nearest recycling depot is miles away.